August 16, 2008

Security Breach!


I work at a semi-secure building in downtown DC. Multiple tenants, some floors are more secure then others (one tenant on another floor even has their own security team... and when I was walking around the floor looking for the Suite where the Notary that I was referred to by the concierge sat I was approached and semi-nicely asked "Are you lost?"). You need a FOB to get into the building and to use the elevator to get to your floor (after hours), and all of the stairwell doors are locked from inside the hallway, so you can get into the stairwell from your floor to go all the way to the ground floor ( ie in case of fire! or like the guy I encountered a few months ago who was walking fast up and down the steps for exercise :P) but you cannot use the stairs to go between floors (ie between 4 & 5).

Except for the person on my floor that does this "pencil as a doorstop" manuever. We know who it is, and they do not work for my agency. My co-workers and I have started talking and we want to remove the pencil the next time we see it! Someone even had the great to remove it and then tape it inside the stairwell with a note ( ie "Is this yours?"; "Does this belong here?").

What would you do!?
Vote in the poll!

Sent from my BlackBerry

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take the pencil and shove it up their nose and then ask if they lost it.

or you could leave a passive aggressive note and then take a photo of it and post it to passiveaggressivenotes.com!

michelle said...

that is a very good idea! i am a poster child for passive - aggressiveness :D

Mike Netherland said...

Report the breach to the security guard.