August 7, 2008

Who's scanning Twitter!?

So about 2 weeks ago I tweeted this (It was Sunday, I was cooking dinner, and was letting my DVR record BigBrother while I cooked, so I could start watching about 20 minutes into the show in order to FF thru all commericals... I had another channel on while it recorded... and noticed the feed from the cable box was frozen... so I went to Channel 9... all broken up... MTV ... same ... all channels frozen!) Then I went into another room and turned on a TV that I have hooked up directly to the cable outlet (no box) picture was grainy, but watchable) . So I missed about 20 minutes of BB... and my relaxing dinner/BB plan was scrapped). The cable eventually came back somtime after 9pm I think....

Then the next morning I noticed I had a direct reply from some person with Comcast in there user name, asking how he could help! I mentioned it to some co-workers, who are aware of my recent Twitter-addiction... and we all thought it was funny.

This morning I was reading this story from the Washington Post, where they mentioned that "Comcast scans Twitter for user gripes". I wonder which other companies are searching Twitter?

5 comments:

Capitol Hill 20210 said...

Thats kind of creepy - apparently eharmony googles themselves daily to check for complaints as well, becasuse I wrote a post yesterday bitching about them and some guy posing as "Phil" declared comment war with me, I checked my statcounter and bam it led right to eharmony.

Robin said...

That's very creepy. Yet... I find myself wishing that Metro would follow suit. :P

michelle said...

kind of creepy, but i knew I didn't really want to call comcast... I was only frustrated....it was surprising to see the response though. I guess if I can complain about them online, they have the right to respond (as long as it doesn't get psycho/nasty), though they should announce where they are from -- the comcast twitter guy did...eHarmonyPhil sounds like he was "trying" to hide it.

don't wish for Metro to follow suit... all you would get would be a bunch of "Thank you for choosing Metro!" comments :P

Chris said...

The New York Times had an article a few weeks ago that discussed Comcast's new online customer service efforts:

michelle said...

thanks. i wish they would have an article about comcast's effort to lower my monthly bill :D