August 20, 2008

MARC service suspended!

So I woke up this morning, got ready and planned on taking a train that leaves 20 minutes later than what I normally take. As I was ready to head out I checked my BlackBerry and found an email from the MTA that PENN line service was suspended due to a fatality. So off I went to New Carrollton. Traffic was not bad and I actually made good time (I arrived before I would have if I had taken the later MARC train I was aiming for)...

This explains why a helicopter was hovering over the station.

PENN service has resumed.

I can't wait to see how much its costs me to park! ( I don't have a SmarTrip card because my monthly MARC pass includes unlimited Metro trips)

4 comments:

Capitol Hill 20210 said...

If I was wealthy I would just buy a helicopter - I hate the train, I have actually been avoiding the VRE all month because of the tourists taking it.

People need to commit suicide not during rush hour ya know - yeah that was bad

michelle said...

i don't normally mind the train... but I am not happy that 1 major distruption throws everything into chaos. i fear getting stranded in dc if there is another terrorist attack or weather related emergemcy

Robin said...

That really sucks, both for your commute and for the poor person who was struck by the train. I think you'll have to get a SmarTrip card in order to get out of the New Car. parking lot this evening, though.

michelle said...

actually the commute wasn't bad i am just really annoyed that its going to cost me $13.25 to basically park my car....

if this happens again i will drive to Dorsey and take the Camden line