June 21, 2008

Outlets!

Yesterday my sister and I went to the Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets.

Hello Kate Spade and Burberry!! (actually Burberry was a disappointment -- I was looking for earmuffs. -- They didn't have any, and the cashmere scarves were as expensive as those in Nordstrom! )

Rain was in the forecast, but it held off and I even drove home with the top down!! Woohoo!

The drive out was easy... no traffic, I used my Navigation system, but set it to not use toll roads so I avoided the Dulles Toll Road. The by pass route consisted of me getting of at Rt 123 in VA ( Tysons Corner) then I cut over to Rt 7 ...simple and a scenic drive.

The drive home not so much.... I thought it would be the reverse but nothing close....I went back Rt 7 for a few miles ( of packed Northern VA traffic), then I turned off onto this residential road, that became this narrow twisty-turny road with huge houses ( they were pretty to look at)... I had no clue where I was ! I eventually met back up with Rt 193 and then 495 but it took me forever to get home.

0 comments: