June 21, 2008

Entry for December 10, 2007

It's Official !! Verizon Sucks!!

Verizon started pushing a new Security Suite from Symantec/Norton. I decided to install it on Saturday. The install caused my laptop to shutdown, and the when I booted up again the install was half done, so I tried to uninstall in order to re-install, but there was no uninstaller available from the Verizon site (aside from an Active X cleanup) and Norton was not showing up in Add/Remove programs. I tried a few other things to get it off my laptop but nothing worked. Sunday I started messing with the registry settings... not good! After that the laptop couldn't connect to the internet.

So I got to call Verizon Tech Support -- Fun! After 40 minutes they told me that since I could boot into Safe Mode and connect to the internet it wasn't their problem! I told them it was their problem because it was their bad install and lack of an uninstall package that caused the problem. That wasn't getting me anywhere ( because the situation isn't covered by one of their scripts ).

Then I called Dell... I was on the phone with them for about 1 hour and 20 minutes, eventually we booted into safe mode, Googled "Norton Uninstaller", and downloaded an uninstall package, which did fix the issue.

Now I am ready to switch to Comcast... I can hold off on FIOS ... until Comcast customer service ticks me off .

So of course its poll time again.

Should Verizon Tech Support been more helpful?
Yes!
3
No!
0
Other!
0

0 comments: