June 21, 2008

Entry for February 19, 2008

I used the long holiday weekend to... watch the complete 1st season of "The Tudors'! It was only 10 episodes so it wasn't too long. I originally tried to watch it when it first came out, but I couldn't make it through the first episode. But I usually love period pieces (ie Room with a View, Lady Jane, Remains of the Day, etc ), so I decided to try an On-Demand marathon once the season was complete. Its pretty good (though the writers have taken some liberties and with characters - for example Henry had 2 sisters Mary and Margaret, but the series merged them into 1 person named Margaret who married the person the RealLife Mary married), and I am all ready for the 2nd season which starts at the end of March.

Sidenote -- I can't wait for the release of "The Other Boleyn Girl" which opens at the end of the month... I may even see it in the theater! I haven't read the book yet (its always checked out when I go to the library, but I have read a few other Phillipa Gregory books, and they are preety good.

0 comments: