June 21, 2008

Entry for March 11, 2008

Today I changed the fluorescent light bulbs in my kitchen light fixture. I've been putting it off since they started flickering about 6 months ago, because when I had my final walk through about 6 years ago the guy showed me how to take the cover off and put it back on, and he had trouble getting it back in place... so I thought I was going to have to ask someone for help. This morning when I turned on the light, flickering started and never stopped. So I bit the bullet, hauled out my trusty step ladder, and took off the light cover. Then I took out one of the bulbs and headed off to Lowes. I got my replacements, came home and replaced them. Then I cleaned the light cover - 6 years of grease and grime -- . Then I replaced the light cover and it was very easy, no idea why the walk through guy had so much trouble, but at least now I know!

0 comments: