June 20, 2008

The results of Car Shopping 2007 are in!

With the Car Window Situation gradually deteriorating I decided it was now or never to take the plunge so that I could get the best trade in value for Fritz II. I hadn't used the windows at all since the 2nd incident, so I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.

Saturday morning, off I went to the local VW dealer to pursue a Eos...I had 2 2007 models in mind... a black and a white. I looked at the white first, but it was on the lawn, so then I looked at the black and test-drove it. It was a 3.2L V6 (the white was also). Ride was great! Very smooth. The white model was upgraded with a Dynaudio Premium Sound System (definitely a good thisng for top-down driving!), a Technology Package, and Sport Package. The black model was upgraded with a Dynaudio Premium Sound System, Sport Package, navigation system and ipod adapter in center console. (Both Models had an ipod an ipod /mp3 auxillary jack in the glove box.

So the I had to make the big decision, what model do I try to make a deal on ... it took me a while... but in the end I went with the black. The balck version looks better in person than the white (I thought), and I was totally down with the Navigation system (great for Pearl Jam related road trips) and ipod adapter in the center console.

So then we haggeled back and for for awhile ( I had my price research from Edmunds) and came to a final # that I was happy with (it was under what edmunds said "others" were paying), and I got more for Fritz II that I thought I would get.

So now I am the proud owner of a new 2007 Eos, in Black Uni with Cornsilk Beige interior :)

Moment of silence for Fritz II

As a freind suggested I now need a name for the new car...Fritz III doesn't seem to fit...

possibly ... Dieter??!

0 comments: