January 3, 2009

Is how you will spend the entire year. Which if its true, does not bode well for my car situation :(


My Car in happier times :)

Eos with the top down

Christmas Night I left my Aunt's (In Bel Air) and went to my car... there was some condensation on the windows, so I lowered them all, and raised them... except the drivers side window did not go back up :( The family pulled on it for a while, but no luck. It was down for the count. I drove to Perry Hall and crashed at my Parents... (couldn't leave my car overnight on my parking lot with a wide open window... what with all the recent crime!).

The next morning I got up at 6am, and drove back to Odenton, with a wide open window, in sub-freezing temps! (This is probably part of the reason I have a head cold :P) Quick shower and off to the dealer... I was there shortly before 8am...First in line!

They got my info, and I headed off to the waiting room with my book. About 2 hours later they came to the conclusion that it was a bad motor (covered by warranty!) but they didn't have the part in stock... and said it would probably be ready Tuesday. So they gave me a rental.... but Enterprise has some wierd "No Fault" clause where my Geico insurance won't cover me if someone else hits me ...And they want to charge me $20 a day for it... I declined becasue I knew it would be at least $100 total and I was only mainly planning to drive to the train station for work.

So I get through the weekend... head back to work... No Word from dealer on Monday. Tuesday arrives... no word by noon (and after some minor drama at work I decided if my car was ready I was going to leave at 1:30 to catch a 2:20 MARC train). So I called... and was on hold for ever (which I took as a bad sign, I figured they forgot to order the part). The service guy finally came back and said the part was not in yet, and they would get back to me.

So Wednesday arrives and I decided I would give them until noon again, because if I didn't get my car back I was going to have to change my plans (to be not going out because I wouldn't take the chance of having the rental get hit with all the New Years crazies on the road). Dealer called around 11:30 - The part had come in ... and they installed it the day before, but now they needed another part (window regulator - this helps the window go up and down). And this part is on Backorder... but they added a red flag for me to its at the top of the list (though I suspect anyone that needs this part is without a driveable car - so not sure of how much it will help). Luckily after I went and canceled my New Year's Eve plans, a good friend said she would pick me up.. YAY!

Friday Arrives... no word from dealer.. So I called at 2pm. Service guy said they needed to call the factory and he would get back to me. So around 5 the dealer calls me back... said the factory didn't really have any info for them... and they needed to call back on Monday (then went on to blame the Holidays for throwing them off).

So now I have no idea when I may get my car back.... and if I had taken the extra insurance coverage I would be at $220 thru this weekend :(

3 comments:

Bilbo said...

Ah, the joys of auto repair...those places know more ways to blow you off than any other non-governmental places I know. Good luck getting the car back. Now you know why so many cars drive around with sheets of plastic duct-taped where the windows used to be. Happy New Year, anyhow! Hope it's all uphill from here!

an orange county girl said...

that saying about how you spend new year's eve does not bode well for me either. i fell asleep LONG before midnight. does that mean i'll be doing lots of sleeping in '09? actually, i kinda hope so.

michelle said...

Bilbo - yes i am learning this... i think they just now say the first thing that pops into their head to try and get me off the phone ( i now call them for daily updates) :P

OC -- haha... i would rather have been in the more sleep boat too...