December 9, 2008

Crime in the suburbs!


I came home from work yesterday to find my Winter themed welcome mat missing... (the above image is a snapshot of the box).

My mom made this rug for me years ago (she told me last night it took her 6 months!!). I have put it outside my condo unit door ever since I bought it and moved in...6.5 years ago :(

Never ever had a problem before (it's a "secure" building) ... I have packages delivered all the time (see my shoe habit :P), nothing has ever gone missing ... not the boxes from Dell, or Amazon, or Nordstrom, or Sephora.

So I was really upset ... and debated calling the police. After talking to my mother, I decided to put a sign on the building's front door... (with a pic of the rug)

TO WHOMEVER STOLE THE LUCY AND LINUS WELCOME MAT

PLEASE RETURN IT NO QUESTIONS ASKED

IT WAS MADE FOR ME BY MY MOTHER

YOU HAVE 48 HOURS

THEN THE POLICE WILL BECOME INVOLVED

Still no sign of the rug... :(

as my mom said last night ...

"What is this world coming to?!?!"


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awful! What kind of horrible person would steal a rug from outside someone's door? I'd start looking at people who just moved in recently, since if it was there last holiday and it was fine...? :)

Robin said...

That's terrible!!! Do you think maybe it's the license plate nazi exacting her revenge?

michelle said...

zandria -- yes that is what i think too... someone who moved in since last xmas....

robin - i don't think it's HOA related... because I was causing problems last winter when it was out... so i think its someone new... and a signal that the neighborhood is on a down turn

Lyss said...

So sad! I hope your note works.

Anonymous said...

I'm submitting you to passiveagressive.com!
The line, "and then the police will become involved" is just priceless. It's followed only 'It was made for me by my mother'.

I think it was taken by Flo!

michelle said...

flo can't climb the stairs...

and go ahead.. i am queen of passive agressive :P

Bilbo said...

Check in front of Governor Blagojevich's place...