December 10, 2008

I filed the police report!

So when we last left the stolen rug situation...

I had my note's on the front door...well today passed the 48 hour mark. I called the local non-emergency number and stated that I wanted to file a police report.

Dispatch - What was stolen?

Me - The welcome mat in front of my door.

Dispatch - We have 2 ways your can file the report - using an over the phone service or send an officer out.

Me - (being honest) -an officer please.. I want the people to see the car.


Yes the whole thing sounds stupid to me even typing it :(

The office arrived in about 20 minutes... he was very nice. He was amazed .. and kept calling the person a grinch... I said I just thought it was someone who liked it so much they wanted it for themselves.

So I have a case #.

So now I took my wreath off of my front door (don't want anything of value out there).
and replaced it with this sign:

TO THE THIEF OF SUBDIVISION I LIVE IN

YOU ARE TRASH!


:D

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to file a claim with your homeowner's insurance now?

michelle said...

perhaps... did your rates go up when you filed yours?

Robin said...

Admit it, your "SUBDIVISION I LIVE IN" is actually Melrose Place. The drama!!!

I hope the grinch returns your welcome mat.

Bilbo said...

Note to self...do not piss off Michelle. And, for the record, I do not have your mat. Good luck.

michelle said...

robin -- haha, i think i may use Melrose Place as the ongoing code name for where I live :D

Bilbo -- thanks.

an orange county girl said...

you had to take your wreath down? boo, horrible thief, for trying to ruin someone's holiday spirit!