December 19, 2008

I have been thinking for a while that if my job was looking stable around May 2009... I would seriously start looking into moving into DC (I work in SW). Job looks very stable...and this event of 2 weeks ago may have finally been the straw that broke the camel's back.

I love my condo. I bought it new about 7 years ago (after a horrific experience with a real estate agent that I am not looking forward to repeating) with NO HELP FROM MY PARENTS! I have painted every room (except the master bedroom) by myself, I picked out the flooring myself. I bought curtains and furniture, and all kinds of other things...I love the location - can't beat being halfway between DC and Baltimore

My commute is not terrible but I want to live in the city.... (and luckily DC just approved Verizon to bring in FIOS)

I hate that we have a never ending trail of renters rolling through the building that have no respect for anything or anyone.


I. Am. Done.

The search starts after the Holidays!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Wow, that *is* huge! It will be awesome to have you living closer. :)

Anonymous said...

Big change! But also very cool. If you like working in the city and you can see yourself living here, you might as well make a drastic cut to your commute-time. :)

danielobvt said...

hah! I love that a deciding factor was FIOS coming to DC....