January 6, 2009


Even I can't believe I finished this one so soon.... but I did have some help with the Holidays :P

I usually go to Starbucks every weekday when I get off the Metro in SW DC, and on weekends if I am out somewhere that there is a Starbucks... like a mall.

So last Wednesday I was off... and since my car was in the shop... I didn't go shopping. Thursday was a Holiday aka recover from New Years Eve. Friday... I got to my Starbucks and they were closed (until 8am - and I never went back).... Saturday and Sunday I didn't go to the mall because my car was still in the shop. Monday and Tuesday... I walked right past the Starbucks... though I think did cast a wistful glance inside :P

6:45am Tomorrow I will be at Starbucks with bells on for my Triple Venti Skim Latte !!!

(Aside - one of the guys I ride the train with asked me this morning... If I had gotten my Starbucks yesterday (we get off at the same metro stop so he usually sees me go in). After I said that I hadn't, he asked me if I was cutting back due to the economy..... I told him no....just something I was doing for myself, and once I got through today, I would be back tomorrow.)

3 comments:

Maxie said...

I did the same thing with Red Bull, but when I decided to start drinking it again I just didn't want it anymore. I'll probably pick it back up in the summer though.

Bilbo said...

"I usually go to Starbucks every week day when I get off the Metro in SW DC, and on weekends if I am out somewhere this is a Starbucks... like a mall." Dear Heart, the only place you WON'T find a Starbucks is on the lesser moons of Jupiter. Invest in one of those cute mini-single-cup coffee makers from Keurig and brew your own. At Starbucks prices, you'll recoup your investment in a few days...

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I'll go a day on the weekend or something without coffee...but a week? My goodness! Never! :)