January 22, 2009


No thanks!

Supposedly the Treasury Secretary nominee is blaming his failure to pay on Turbo Tax...

Way to throw them under the bus! Apparently the nominee was notified for multiple tax years that he wasn't paying what he needed to. At that point he should have hired an accountant to help him if he was confused about tax laws. How can he expect anyone that works at the IRS to take him seriously?

I love doing my taxes... (YAY Math :P) I am enough of a Dork that I do them by hand and using Turbo Tax and compare! (and yes I am a liberal so I do not mind the paying the taxes part either... if it helps programs and people that need it).

2 comments:

Bilbo said...

You realize, of course, that if you or I had failed to pay taxes for "multiple years" we'd be in jail so fast our heads would spin. Like you, I don't mind paying taxes, but I do mind when the rules favor businesses, the wealthy, and the well-connected over the Real People who are the majority of the taxpayers. I've pontificated about this in my blog often enough...

an orange county girl said...

so i usually do my own taxes too (thanks to software like turbotax), but last year i HAD to do my VA state taxes on paper and i effed them up pretty badly. so if you can do them on paper AND then use the software to compare, those are some awesome math skills you've got!