January 9, 2009

Back Where it Belongs :)

2007 Volkswagen Eos

It only took 2 weeks...

When we last left the saga...I was waiting for the dealer to call on Monday. They of course did not call... I had to call. (They were supposed to get details from the factory on when the part was supposed to ship.) They put me on hold "to call the factory" . They said the part had shipped, but they didn't know where it was or when it would be delivered - guess they don't have tracking numbers in the Auto Parts industry. The service guy said someone would call me tomorrow when they tracked it down. Of course no one called... so I called. The receptionist said that it showed the part would be delivered that afternoon, and work would start later in the day and probably finish Wednesday.

So I called Wednesday around 2pm.... Service guy indicated they had started working on it... and would probably finish in an hour, and he would call me then... YAY! So I left work at 3pm... Got to Odenton shortly after 4pm. Called dealer... said they needed another hour to get everything all buttoned up. I'm getting my hopes up. I ran some errands...5pm comes. Service Guy actually calls me. Problem is fixed....but the Detail crew has gone home for the day (!) I said I will clean the car myself. Service Guy says ... it's really grubby. I say I don't care. He says he doesn't feel good about giving me the car in the condition its in. Fine I say. What time will it be ready tomorrow. 10am is the response.

Thursday arrives. Service Guy calls at 10:30 and states "Car is all ready". I respond great... I'll be there around 1pm.

I rolled up to the dealer shortly after 1pm... my car is parked right out front.
I get it and check windows, and sunroof, and top going down and up. All is working.

Not sure who the detail team is made up of but it looks like my car was driven through a mud puddle and there is a grease smear on the drivers window! Whatever I'll clean it myself.

Next I go in to finish the paperwork. Its not done. They need to contact VW to get some codes (i think this is because all the work was covered under warranty). OMG!!! They had all morning to get this done.... Needless to say I will not be going back to Ourisman VW.

0 comments: