October 17, 2008

Native American Museum


I'll have been working in DC for 3 years come February... and since I have been here I have heard many times that the Native American Museum has a great cafeteria. And today is the day I finally went! My lunch buddy had heard that the previous group that had the cafeteria contract at the Ford House Office building now were working at Voice of America. So we started walking over there.... alas when we asked someone exiting if there was a cafeteria inside, he replied "Yes, but you need clearance to get in". So I suggested the Native American Museum.

Entry was quick and soon enough we found the cafe. Many choices from buffalo burgers, to salmon, to burritos, to tacos were to be found. I ended up with a Chicken Tamale with peanut sauce and a Key Lime tart. Both were good, but a bit pricey - over $13 and no beverage. But Federal workers get a 10% discount! So we may be back :)

4 comments:

Robin said...

I concur, it's an awesome (but pricey) cafeteria! And oddly, the museum is not as politically correct as you are... it's the National Museum of the American Indian. I call it the Native American Museum too. ;)

Capitol Hill 20210 said...

cool - will have to try that out. I really want to go to the Crime and Punishment Museum.

oh yeah you have been tagged lol

Capitol Hill 20210 said...

oh and can I say - you totally adorable! great picture

michelle said...

robin - i wasn't trying to be politically correct... that's what i hear everyone else call it... i'm surprised there is not a campaign to change the name (well there probably is...)

zip - thanks for the compliment :D (and the tag :P)