September 25, 2008

Worst meal in 13 years?!


As of September 22 the cafeteria at the Ford House Office building is under new management.

Prior to this I had been protesting going to lunch there due to a French Fry incident (I ordered them... they then forgot about me for 15 minutes :P).

After a former co-worker told me about the change in management I was ready to try again.

So a little before 11:30am, I called the Ford Hotline to get the menu. Message = This number has been disconnected. OK.

We go over anyway. The cafeteria has been totally remodeled. It looks nice! Nice array of food (but a lot of it looks premade... sandwiches and wraps OK, hot food like cheeseburgers, fries, chicken fingers... not so much...I start getting a bad feeling about this).

I order a hamburger... which they had to cook (this is a fast food trick... order something standard but without at least 1 topping, they have to put it together, and you won't get something that has been sitting out for a while). and side of fries. After a few minutes my burger is done. But no fries! I wait... the server walks away! Then someone else says have you been helped? I respond - I am waiting for fries. So she proceeds to cook these from scratch, and I get to wait another 5 minutes!

As my friend and I are walking out, and discussing previous protest, I say - well I'll give them a pass. We can try them one more time.

Back at my desk I get an IM from my friend (he had pork loin and corn pudding).

He Says "That is one of the worst meals I've had in my past 13+ years working at X Agency"

My response "I guess we won't be going back?"

He says - "Nope"

This is bad... there are not that many places in walking distance in SW DC, luckily our Agency has a really good in-house cafeteria. But I need some variety!!

0 comments: