September 3, 2008

90210 v2.0…

I am not a TV reviewer. Possible Spoilers and Speculation contained within.

DO NOT READ IF YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW!


I watched and I am not sure what I was expecting… but this is not the 90210 of my youth. It seems like it may have been a cross between The O.C. and Gossip Girl.

Perhaps I am confused because I identified with the older characters more than the teens… but I was giddy when Brenda ran up to Kelly at the redesigned-non-Peach Pit. :P

Kelly Taylor drives a Prius and has a kid (Dad MIA – more spec on this later)!
Brenda Acts!
Brandon was in some foreign country I can’t remember.
Andrea Zuckerman’s kid Hannah makes an appearance
Nat is at the non-Peach Pit
Kelly and David’s sister Erin is a regular (that goes by Silver)… and Kelly’s original MOM makes an appearance next week! YAY!
No mention of Donna or Steve or Dylan ☹

So back to Kelly’s Kid. Name is Sam. If it was unequivocally Dylan’s I would think they would have named it Jack (after his Dad)… but I think this will be a big sweeps reveal based on which guy (Brandon or Dylan ) will agree to come back. Jason Priestley has stated that he may direct some episodes if they get picked up, but he will not just be stopping by the non-Peach Pit to pick up a mega-burger, he is also a regular on a series on LifeTime. Luke Perry has said no… he will not be back… perhaps if Aaron was still around. But, I wouldn’t be surprised if he does a 180… he’s got a child to support!

The 2 hour premiere was a bit too much I think… an hour would have been better… but I will be back next week!

4 comments:

Capitol Hill 20210 said...

ha I ripped the show to threads on the blog this morning - I wasn't happy. I think that's Dylans kid. I think Brandon was in Belize maybe??

michelle said...

zip - belize that was it!

the show could go either way for me right now... its iffy... i am sticking with it for the older characters at the moment!

Lyss said...

What did you think of "Raising the Bar"?

michelle said...

lyss - i didn't get a chance to watch. i am hoping tnt airs it multiple times. i need to set up a recording