October 21, 2008


Today I applied to be a notary. When I asked 2 of my friends to be a reference, one asked what sparked my interest.


This past summer I needed a notary to notarize 2 items, and I was having a huge problem finding one. So I looked into it... and it looks to be easy... if your State Senator approves you... then you get a commission! Which means a ceremony... and a big party :D

Alas if I am approved I won't be able to notarize stuff for myself... but oh well... in these times of economic uncertainty it could be a 2nd source of income :P

(I hope they don't decide based on the handwriting from that addressed envelope... that is pretty terrible :D)


Sent from my BlackBerry

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is pretty awesome :) go you!

Sarah said...

Um, being a notary sounds cool. Let us know if you get approved!

Anonymous said...

As an experienced notary I can tell you that the maximum you can charge is $2.50 plus any mileage you incur.
I don't see this as a way to pull you out of any economic hardship.
But - it you want any notary advice feel free to call me.
haha!

michelle said...

D - my notary charged me $3! for each document! $3 will cover the majority of my daily starbucks fix :P