October 1, 2008

Ok.... so after I got my BlackBerry (another addiction!) back in December a co-worker asked me if I heard of TwitterBerry. I replied no, and he went on to explain it (and the Twitter concept). Seemed pretty pointless to me.

Fast forward to earlier this summer (maybe July). I am not sure how I happened to go back to Twitter, but I ended up signing up. And adding TwitterBerry to my BlackBerry. The addiction started slowly. I would tweet in the morning while waiting for the train, before going to lunch, and then when I was headed home.

Then I setup TwitterFeed to feed my blog posts to Twitter. Then I added TwitterFox to Firefox. I tried Twhirl as a desktop client for my MacBook Pro, but didn't really like it. Then I tried Twitterific, and wasn't really happy with that.

Then I stumbled upon... TweekDeck. It took me a bit to get used to the multiple columns visible at once... but now I love it... especially sinced I found TwitScoop... whcih is a big tag cloud of the most popular topics buzzing on Twitter...

this is a full view... and the TwitScoop is from WHen it was announced that Paul Newman died.

Photobucket

This is the TwitScoop form when Wachovia was bought by Citi...

Photobucket

So now I have this visible on my desktop for most of the day at work.... so I can knwo what's happening... sometimes even before I get my CNN alert!!

0 comments: