October 12, 2008

I have been watching soaps since I was a small child and my mom was working part time. I remember her asking us to have the tv turned to ABC for All My Children... this was during the Jenny and Greg love story. (Before that I have a slight memory of being at my Grandmother's and she was watching her story (aka Another World)). After that I think I have watched every soap on every channel for at least some period of time. General Hospital was my favorite for years! (but it has been crap for a while now - IMO).

For the past few years I was DVR-ing The Young and the Restless, General Hospital and As the World Turns. Earlier this spring The Young and the Restless was axed.

This afternoon.... General Hospital. Actually for the past few years I have only been recording it to FF thru much of it.... this morning as I was scrolling through the list of shows sitting on my DVR there were 10... I thought this is ridiculous... I don't are about this show, and I don't want it cluttering up m DVR anymore... so I deleted it from future recording!

All that's left is As the World Turns.... I wonder how much longer they have??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a soap watcher, but I do find myself eliminating more and more TV viewing in general. First, I gave up the Sopranos (before it went off the air), then ER, now Gray's Anatomy. All I watch now is Lost.

michelle said...

karen -- i don't think i am eliminating volume of shows (actually due to DVR I am probably watching more)... but due to increased volume I am removing shows that just aren't doing it for me anymore! (or have become crap)

Anonymous said...

I thought Y&R was still on

michelle said...

zip - Y&R is still on... i just stopped recording it (due to boring/unlike-able storylines)