October 21, 2008

Great way to start the day!

So I usually take one of two MARC trains - the 5:52 or 6:20 (yes that is a.m.). This morning I rolled into the station around 5:58 and saw a train at the platform ... I thought sweet I am going to make the early train! Except the conductors aren't outside telling people to run or they are going to close the doors. Then I pass a guy smoking a cig with one foot in the train door... I said "Is it broke?" He replies "It is now!" So I keep walking down the platform towards my usual car. Now all the doors are closed. So I turn around and go back to the front... 1 conductor is telling people "They closed the doors to fix the brakes... we don't want anyone getting hurt, they will open the doors when the problems are fixed." So I turn back around and head to the back.

About 10-15 minutes pass... the train makes this start up noise... and they start on their way... without the doors opening! Luckily the next train showed up about 5 minutes later (otherwise there may have been a riot!!!!).

Sent from my BlackBerry