December 15, 2009

So many to choose from....

One of the main reasons I wanted to move closer to DC was so that I could spend more time in the city (after work and on weekends).

And I have certainly been doing that in the 6.5 months that I have been here.

Sometime over the summer I posed a question on Twitter asking about Brunch locations in Capitol Hill. I was directed to Matchbox on Barracks Row.

I ended up going for my Birthday, for Brunch with my mom.

We both started with Champagne Cocktails... my mom got the Capitol Hill (pineapple juice / champagne / aqua pear liquor / granny smith apple) to start and I got the Palm Springs (grapefruit juice / champagne / pama pomegranate). We both agreed the Palm Springs rocked and each ordered another . :)

The actual Brunch menu looked awesome and I had a hard time choosiing but I eventually ordered the cast iron chorizo & manchego egg tortilla (brunch potatoes / salsa verde / chipotle sour cream / grilled ciabatta with garlic butter) and my mom got the goat cheese & chorizo roll (tomato sauce / asparagus / scrambled eggs / brunch potatoes). We both agreed the food was awesome! As was the service! I definitely want to go back and try the stuffed french toast (cinnamon french toast / honey cream cheese / maple butter / fruit salad).

I have since been back for lunch (Awesome Crab Cake sandwich!) and look forward to trying the Pizza!


Matchbox Barracks Row on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

rachaelgking said...

I've only been to the Chinatown location! (Many, many, MANY times...) I'll have to give this one a try!

michelle said...

well, i've only been to the Capitol Hill location.... we should each go to the other and write a review!