December 10, 2009

Fun at Nordstrom!

A few weeks ago I received my invitation to Nordstrom's Private Holiday Shopping Event (I got one last year but didn't go).

The trigger for the invite is spending a certain amount (via a Nordstrom Card) which I did when I purchased this....

So I decided to attend the morning event at Tysons Corner. I had never been to the mall in Tysons. A previous employer had an office there that I had been to once or twice And i had also been to the Tiffanys located there.

Luckily due to it being early on a Sunday traffic was not a problem.

I took my mom with me. As we are walking into the mall I notice she is carrying a big Macy's shopping bag!!!! I asked her to please fold it up ( hello! we can't have a Macys bag at a big Nordstrom event... that would be like taking a Kate Spade handbag to a Chanel fashion show ;) )

Her response: But my candy canes are in there!!

Me: What?!?!?!!?

Mom: Candy Canes! I hand them out to salespeople!!


This was the first time I had heard about any such activity... so I am sure I made a face....

Moving on...

We entered Nordstrom with my fancy ticket.

Silver platters of food, tea and coffee from Silver Service!

Fancy!

Waiters with trays of OJ, Water w/ Lime and fancy appetizers :)

I only bought 1 item, but wow! some of the other shoppers were going crazy!!

Then we went out and explored the rest of the mall. I did some damge in Pottery Barn, and my mom even handed out her candy canes, which the salespeople made a fuss over (since I am not one for fuss... and really want to avoid talking to salespeople at all costs anyway... I just smiled and tried to get out of the store as fast as possible).

We went to lunch as Coastal Flats..... it was all decorated for XMAS..... and I had an awesome Shrimp Roll .....

Coastal Flats @ Christmas

1 comments:

Bilbo said...

Agnes and I love shopping at Tysons Corner Center and the Galleria, and at Pentagon City... they are all much nicer than our sad old Springfield Mall, which is not what it used to be. Coastal Flats is a great restaurant...try their Shrimp and Grits sometime, it's great! Merry Christmas!