May 7, 2009

It has been a while since I had any update to any of the items on my 101 in 1001 list. But today I finally have one...

Flashback to 2 years ago... A friend and I planned to take part in a Cherry Blossom bike ride (viewing only ... not a race :P). So I dug my bike out of the storage closest, threw it in the backseat of my car... with the top down.. in early April and drove west on RT 50. It was cold.

Took the bike on Metro and arrived downtown... met up with tour guide... and set off, except when I pedaled, the wheel didn't turn :(

So my friend and I had to bail.

But when I started the great de-clutter prior to listing my condo for sale, I relegated my bike (and a few other things) to my parents house and then asked that it be taken to a bike doctor, which it was, they had it for a few weeks, and today it was returned in working condition (to my parents house.... I will have it in my possession once my move to a new house is done!)

2 comments:

Robin said...

Hooray!!! I envision a National Arboretum bike ride in your near future. :)

Lyss said...

Yes, I'd like to do that too - maybe I should get mine serviced?