May 27, 2009

House Drama #1

Light fixture


My new house has an alarm system and motion detectors. And it all talks ....Smoke Alarm and Carbon Monoxide detectors also. It was very un-nerving when I would go and look at the house... I dreamed of somehow silencing it. But after I moved in.. I kind of got used to it.

Fast forward to yesterday morning...

Around 6:30am the system said something.... but I couldn't understand what it was.... I thought someone was in the basement :-/

Since the FIOS person was coming at 8am... I started my day and hopped in the shower and hoped that I wasn't killed. ( I wasn't, obviously ;) )

FIOS person came and did their thing.. and was gone by 2pm. During the time she was there I was unpacking and went into the basement.... no one was there.

Then the voice with the mysterious message was back around 2:30pm but I still couldn't figure out what it was in reference to... but I could make out that the problem was in the hallway....
I figured it had somethingto do with the alarm company and I would deal with it later....

Until 12:30am.... and the message started every 5 minutes....I was at this point able to determine it was coming from the smoke detector.... so I removed it from the wall. I then figured the battery needed to be changed but couldn't get the cap off... but I Googled the model number and figured out how to do it.... luckily I had the batteries that it takes!!!

Crisis Averted!!!

0 comments: