May 31, 2009

House Drama #2 & #3...



It's been a busy week on the home drama front!

Thursday evening I stepped on a huge bee (probably a wasp). I knew it was in my house because I heard it and then saw it when I was upstairs shortly after I arrived home from work. I am usually a barefoot person when I am in my home, so I was walking around doing some unpacking and at one point I went to stand in front of my front door... and subsequently felt this huge pain in my foot. Looked down ... there was the bee in 2 parts... and then the stinger!!!!

It was a horrible pain, but after consulting Google, I treated with ice and toothpaste... and the next day it didn't feel too bad. And afterwards I was happy that I got stung instead of that cat :D

Next up... Today, after scrubbing the bathroom floor I went to empty the water in the basement utility sink. I didn't turn a light on, but I noticed what looked like a big hairball in one corner of the sink. Um yeah... it was a dead mouse!!! (Dead I can deal with, if I ever see one run across the floor, its all over!) I went upstairs to collect myself... and ended up using an old plastic spoon to scoop the mouse into a ziploc bag, sealed and threw everything away!

1 comments:

Miss Attitude said...

I hate bugs and having to kill them. One of the worst things of single woman homeownership IMHO.

BTW I love that you googled how to treat a bee sting. I fixed my dishwasher that way, thanks to your advice!