May 19, 2009

Prelude to a move...

This picture doesn't really tell the true story of the state of my condo. There are a ton more boxes, walls are bare, and I think my cat hates me :(

Luckily there haven't been any disasters ... (Like back in 2002 when I was getting ready to move to my condo from my apartment... I was out on my second floor balcony cleaning the sliding glass doors... and lets just say I locked myself outside. On the balcony. By myself. Not fun.... I climbed over the railing a few times but couldn't convince myself to jump! I eventually shouted to someone in their backyard to please call my parents (who had the spare key).... YIKES!)

I will miss the checkerboard floors in my kitchen, my plantation shutters in my bedroom, the drapes in my sunroom when they blow in the breeze, and my Deep Aubergine dining room :P

I will not miss noisy people that live above me, renters, HOA Drama (aka the Parking Lot Nazi), people that cannot park between 2 lines (really people it is NOT that hard!)

Settlement is tomorrow..and then the big move is Thursday! YAY!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

an orange county girl said...

cats HATE change so it's possible that your kitty may not be happy with you right now (except during meal times). when you move in to your new place, be sure to give your kitty some extra love and attention as you both get adjusted to the new home.

Bilbo said...

Congratulations on your new home, and good luck with the move!