July 18, 2008

1001 Day Project !

The premise is this - Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days. So I was inspired by this website to give it a go!

The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

My Start Date - July 19, 2008

End Date - April 16, 2011

Completed Tasks will look like this

My list -


1
Pick a Project Management certificate program and enroll
2
Replace Kitchen countertops
3
Have corner fireplace installed
4
Go to Las Vegas
5
See Pearl Jam in a foreign country
6
Create a will
7
Go to the doctor and have a physical
8
See a financial planner
9
Buy a new refrigerator
10
Clean out the clutter from my second bedroom
11
Buy a bed/futon for my second bedroom
12
Get my car retro-fitted with BlueTooth
13
Paint Master Bedroom
14
Buy a new mattress
15
Go to Chicago and see a taping of the Oprah show
16
Get my bike fixed!
17
Pay off my credit card!
18
Go vegetarian for a week
19
Go down 1 clothing size
20
No Starbucks for one week
21
Participate in a protest march
22
No fast food for one week
23
Put $5 in savings for each completed task, donate $10 for each task not completed at the end of 1,001 days to the Orphan Foundation of America
24
Take my niece to the National Zoo
25
Go to Australia
26
Go to Hawaii
27
Go to Africa on Safari
28
Successfully grow a Hydrangea
29
Go skiing
30
Replace mirror in second bathroom
31
Go go to an amusement park
32
Visit a vineyard
33
Spend a few days in the outer banks
34
Go to Boston
35
Participate in a cookie exchange
36
No chips for 1 week (Potato or nacho)
37
Go to the Opera
38
Go to the Ballet
39
replace light fixtures in second bathroom
40
Buy a jewelry cabinet
41
Get the carpets steam cleaned
42
Install Programmable thermostat
43
Install ceiling fan in sunroom
44
Appear on a reality show
45
Get rid of all clothes that I have not worn in over a year
46
Clean off old laptop and get rid of it
47
Sell old printer
48
Sell Baseball card collection
49
Go down 2 clothing sizes
50
Get a radical haircut (not same old boring part on the side)
51
Neatly paint my own toenails
52
Get eyebrows waxed and darkened
53
Go to dentist regularly
54
Refinance my condo into a 15 year mortgage
55
Start drinking V8 regularly to up my weekly serving of vegetables (3 times a week for one month)
56
Move all stock to 1 brokerage
57
Apply to be a notary
58
Go on a cruise
59
Go Skydiving
60
Go rock-wall climbing
61
Go out for sushi (Not California Rolls)
62
Brush Madison every day for 1 week
63
Trim Madison's nails once a week for a month. (5/5)
64
Get rid of all clothes that have holes in them
65
Go out for Afternoon Tea
66
Buy Burberry earmuffs
67
Go to AAFB and cheer when GW leaves office
68
Get a new piercing (nose or eyebrow)
69
Tag all my photos on Flickr
70
Learn how to use my Tiptronic transmission
71
Make pasta from scratch
72
Go Whale watching
73
Swim with Dolphins
74
Figure out how to play Craps - and play
75
Get a Wii
76
Try a sudoku puzzle
77
Ride on a motorcycle
78
Visit an active volcano
79
Get an Ezpass gadget for my car
80
Pay the toll for the next 5 cars that follow me thru the tunnel(0/5)
81
Take my mom to see a Broadway play
82
Find a new signature scent
83
Go to a Hockey game
84
See all 100 for AFI's top 100 movies (using 2007 list) - (28/100)
85
Secret -- If I do it I'll let you know what it was :-)
86
Make a new meal using cookbooks (or recipes from real simple) 4 times a month (5/128)
87
Donate Bone Marrow
88
Get the ceiling repainted in the kitchen/dining room
89
move to a more urban location
90
eat one salad a week (40/143)
91
Fly in a helicopter
92
Attend a UMBC alumni event
93
Buy a new iPod
94
Buy a mini-season ticket plan for Nationals
95
No beer for 1 week
96
Organize all clipped magazine articles
97
Learn how to make a ringtone on my mac, and get it to my BlackBerry
98
Pass on old Pearl Jam live shows on cassette tape
99
If I list something on ebay and it doesn't sell, throw away (or donate to charity)
100
Have a cable (or FIOS) outlet put into my kitchen
101
Go to a Professionals in the City event

2 comments:

Rachel Elizabeth said...

good luck with your list.

Caffeinated Weka said...

All the best with your list. I also have a goal like #85 and will reveal it if I achieve it. ;-)