July 2, 2008

Pearl Jam - MSG II


After a great day in NYC (no rain!, Pinkberry!, and comfy shoes!) I was ready for MSGII.

I was unable to get tickets to this show under my member number, but my friend was able to. She joind about 3 years after me so has a slightly higher number... and we were not on the floor... but it was great... we were in the first "ring" about 12 rows back... right up against the stae... and since we were elevated and on an agle had a great view!

Pearl Jam did not disappoint. They opened with "Release" - this will always be my favorite opener... its what they opened with the first time I saw them live... and really heard them ;)

At one point walking around NYC my friend and I came across a hue Rat statue/blowup thing... I was like " They are playing 'Rats' tonight!" (actuallyI kinda almost screamed it... luckily since I was in NYC... no one thought I was out of the ordinary :P) - I should have taken a pic... but didn't... but PJ did play Rats!!! it was great.

It was a great setlist... I think this may be one of my top shows of all time (preceeded only by the epic State College 2003 show).

Ace Frehley came out near the end to play KISS' "Black Diamond" (which Mike and Matt sang on).

Also... I must have had some major Mojo workin' this night... because during the show I was hit on by a young guy from Philly - (seriously I think he was about 26 if he was lucky)... and outside MSG after the show I was hit on by a guy from Israel (who thought he was older then me ... but I clued him in that no he wasn't (he was only 32) ):P

0 comments: