February 19, 2009

Track Work != Derailment


Dear Metro -- what is so hard to understand about this concept??

This is the second time in 3 years that I have been commuting via Metrorail, that your email alert system has sent out vague communication in regards to a MAJOR delay, caused by a derailment.

Exhibit A....back when this happened, Metro sent out alerts warning of delays due to "mechanical difficulties".

Exhibit B... today ... I've been getting alerts (and Tweets!) all morning about "track maintenance".

WMATA.... what can you not understand that in order for commuters to properly plan their "Plan B" you need to describe the situation accurately?? How hard is it?

2 comments:

Robin said...

At least you got alerts at all. I had no alerts before I left the house and stupidly got on the Orange this morning. That added an HOUR to my commute! Looks like they sent me an alert at 8 am stating the problem (at least it was accurate, not the generic "mechanical difficulties" variety), but of course I was long gone by then. Not very helpful, Metro.

Bilbo said...

You could always try riding the Fairfax Connector bus like I do - not only is the schedule little more than a suggestion, but if you call their information line, you quickly find out you know more than they do. Hope we can both get home tonight...