February 26, 2009

kitchen

Monday I met with my listing agent to review the offer. It was not a horrible offer, but there was one big problem that I had with it. They buyer wanted to settle at the end of March. Ha! Two problems. 1) I haven't been inside any potential "new to me" houses & 2) My lender has told me they usually ask for 45 days to process the loan.

So I countered on $$$$ and moved settlement to end of April. Then we started putting together a list of houses to look at this weekend.


I got a call on Tuesday evening. Counter offer accepted!!! YAY!

So now I get to look for a house. Start to pack (I am not looking forward to this! Have you seen my shoe collection :P). No shopping until after settlement :(

Madison will be happy though... no one disturbing her naps (except when they come for the home inspection)... and I do not have to make sure the house is spotless and all put away whenever I leave!

I am still a bit nervous. This is moving very fast...but the prospect of no more upstairs neighbors or HOA drama makes me beyond happy!!!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Congrats!!! I hope everything goes smoothly! :)

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic! Very exciting that you got an offer so fast. And now the fun of choosing a NEW house begins! :)

Bilbo said...

Good luck with the new place...there are plenty down here in Virginia if you want to go that far...