November 4, 2009

Thoughts on Philly....

Love Park
My trip to Philly was my first time there (not counting a trip to East Camden NJ for what was billed as a Philly Pearl Jam show back in 2000).
I've already established SEPTA was good and the late night eating situation was bad....
My friend and I stayed in the Embassy Suites (10 Club put together special rates for fan club members). Oddly enough the Four Seasons was right across the street, and that is where the band was staying (along with the Yankees and Giants!).
The weather on Saturday really wasn't conducive to sight-seeing... but I did a little and went to the Reading Terminal Market... which looked cool. Love Park was filled with homeless people sleeping (as were many of the SEPTA stations).
By the end of my 2nd night there I was starting to know where I was in relation to other places....
But in the end I prefer NYC to Philly. In the coming years I hope to be able to travel to Boston for some shows....

1 comments:

Jon said...

Philly is a great weekend town. Lots of history, great pubs and a good vibe. Plus a couple GREAT art museums.