November 20, 2009

No Soup for You!!



I set out to pick up some soup for lunch at the Au Bon Pain inside L'Enfant Plaza's La Promenade set of shops, to find the store all closed up. In fact all of the shops around it were also closed. It looks like they are finally getting read to renovate that cluster of shops/eateries. (Hopefully a good Happy Hour spot will move in ... SW DC near my office is sorely lacking in the bar department). And while it appeared that most of the other eateries had moved to another location... Au Bon Pain seems closed for good :(

On the plus side.... I came across a pizza joint that has NYC by the slice pizza.... and it was GOOD! Its called Pizza Autentica..... 300 7th St SW.... basically kitty-corner to the HUD building.

Pizza Autentica on Urbanspoon

1 comments:

rachaelgking said...

SW is sorely lacking in the HH dept, but I kind of like it because then I can make B come to me at Farragut. ;-)