November 5, 2009

The Halloween show had been hyped for months before on the PJ fanboards....

The week before it picked up into almost unseen frenzied levels. They will play every song they know, They'll play until 2am, Bruce Springteen will be a special guest... and all kinds of other rumors picked up at a frenzied past as the date drew closer.

By this point there was no way the show could have lived up to everyone's expectations....
Which is why I try to usually have none (aside from really wanting to hear 1 or 2 specific songs)...

The SEPTA train ride was more packed than Friday due to the World Series game across the street, but it was fun... a ton of people were dressed in costume (including me!)

Picked up 10 Club tickets... this time 12th row on Mike's side... woot!

Beer Tent time.. and another cover band outside the venue! People watching time..... I saw a dude waiting in line dressed as JT from the SNL "Dick in a box" skit; a guy in a banana suit; Bee Girl; guy dressed as Bret Michael's (he gave me a high five when I laughed at him :P); too many Elvis's to count; Jesus; it was fun to see people get into the spirit!

Then it started to rain, so C and I headed inside.

Up first Bad Religion... Guitarist dressed as skeleton... YAY!

Bad Religion

Then its Pearl Jam time! (as before full setlist can be found on any other Pearl Jam site).

Here are the stand out moments, probably in a random order :)

Due to someone I follow on Twitter... I was alerted to Balloons up in the rafters....

Balloons in the rafters!

Opened with Why Go ... so glad they have resurrected this live... its AWESOME!

Pilate!


Rats!! (A person in a Rat costume appeared onstage ... I thnk they were part of the crew.... various members of the crew were in costume)

IMG_1435


OUT OF MY MIND!!!!!!! -- as Vedder said "this isn't even a song" . This is a live improv that was released as the Not For You b-side. Only played twice before....It was awesome because I love this song, and thought I would never hear it live :D


** Bathroom Break*** Bathroom situation at the Spectrum was ICKY!

BUGS!!!! w/accordian :D took a few tries but it was cool to see :)

Bugs!

The Final Encore may have well been perfection from start to finish.... but I think at this point most in the Venue knew the Phillies were losing so I think the crowd lost some steam....

First part....just may have been worth the price of admission for those 5 minutes....

Pearl Jam came out on stage ...Dressed as Devo and performed Whip It! TRULY AWESOME!!

Jeff as Devo!

Sweet Lew - Jeff singing and Eddie Basketball dribbling...too funny!


Smile - :)


RITFW - A minute or 2 in and Confetti came shooting out in all directions .... the Spectrum was filled ... and made for some AWESOME pictures.. Then the balloons dropped too cool!


Sea of Confetti!

Balloon Drop!

I got a poster :)


So glad I was at this show ..... for all the one-off moments


Thanks Pearl Jam and 10 Club for all you do for us :D

0 comments: