November 2, 2009

Sick of Leno?!??!!?

Admittedly I do not watch many shows on NBC (obviously chances are if you are reading this you don't either cause the network is in the toilet... ratings wise).

Last season I watched ER, Law & Order and SouthLAnd.

SouthLAnd started well, and seemed to get better each week.

I especially liked the Regina King and Ben McKenzie/John Heard storylines and was happy to C Thomas Howell back on my screen (I am a huge fan of The Outsiders - Book and Movie!).

So imagine my surprise a few weeks ago when NBC announced that they were canceling SouthLAnd. Apparently they said their was no room in the schedule with Leno sucking up all the 10pm slots (oddly they found room for L&O on Fri at 8PM....WTF?!?!? way to start killing that show). Twitter erupted! I deleted the only new NBC show I had picked up this season... Mercy... from my DVR series recordings.

Word came today that TNT has picked up SouthLAnd to start airing in Jan 2010...YAY!

Which brings me to my point..... sick of NBC and Leno? Turn your TV on at 10pm and set it to any channel other then NBC (I'll be setting to TNT if I don't have a conflict in the 10pm slot) or set your DVR to record anyother channel at that time)... Apparently most local NBC affilaites are ready to revolt against NBC any minute due to this Leno fiasco causing a sharp drop in their 11pm newscasts (and ad revenue based on them).

Maybe this could help push them over the edge :)


Thanks again TNT!!!!

0 comments: