November 3, 2009

Mike!

This show start to finish was amazing. It may be my favorite all time....even counting when I was front row center back in 2000 @ Merriweather :)

The drive up to Philly from DC was not bad... considering it was Friday traffic (Special thanks to EZ-PASS!!!! and my Navigation System.... though DC to Philly is pretty much a straight drive up I-95......)

Anyways... my friend C and I arrived at the venue around 6:30 I think and picked up my tickets.... 7th row center! Haven't been that close in a while ... usually averaging row 12 in DC and NYC shows, so we were stoked!

We wandered around to one side where a beer/drinks tent was set up and got some drinks and proceeded to watch the Pearl Jam cover band that was playing in front of the Spectrum.... Then made our way inside.

Bad Religion was playing and were pretty good... (I admit I only know one of their older tunes...) They finished and it was time to chat with fellow 10 Club members (after so many years.... seated by number you start to see the same people over and over.. which makes it fun!)

You can find the setlist on any Pearl Jam fansite, so I won't go into the whole thing, but they played a good mix.... and the new stuff sounded AWESOME.. especially The Fixer , Got Some, and Unthought Known, I was also happy to hear In My Tree, Off He Goes, Breath, RVM, Mamasan, and Sonic Reducer!!

It really was a perfect night! band and crowd energy was great!!

(Until we got back to the Hotel, and found Friday's with doors locked at 12:40PM.... Late night eating in Philly is a #FAIL)

Next up... thoughts on Philly the city!

2 comments:

Lyss said...

Glad you had a great time!

Robin said...

Sounds awesome!!! (Except for the late night eating fail)