June 5, 2009


I have officially been commuting 100% using SmarTrip as my means of fare payment for the last 5 days (2 days last week I used my SmarTrip for bus, and Monthly MARC pass for rail).

I must admit I like the ease of use.... just tap the card to the SmarTrip reader, no need to even take it out of the case I use to carry it in.

But..... shortly after I got the SmarTrip card I registered it online. Now I want to update the mailing address, and check the balance. but you can't do that online. You need to call the SmartTrip people. Why??? If I can register my Starbucks card and reload it online I should be able to do these easy transactions for my SmarTrip card. Why does WMATA make it sooooo hard???

1 comments:

Bilbo said...

Why does WMATA make things so hard? Because it's a full-employment service for idiots who can't do anything else, of course. As a WMATA customer for the last 20 years, I believe I can say that with some degree of authority!