June 21, 2009

Driving around town!

Along with moving to a new town, comes driving around town in order to run errands and shop for necessities (like food!).

Right after I first moved I was mainly driving back and forth to Big Box shops in Bowie (cause I know Bowie... and you usually stick with what you know).

But a few weeks ago my friend that lives in town sent me a list of shops that she frequents so I have started expanding my circle. Then came the big day 2 weeks ago when I decided I needed to find...... FAST FOOD :D

The above image is the Memorial Peace Cross and it is at a crossroads (of 3 roads... not quite a circle)... and it has been giving me fits ! ( I did find fast food... McDonalds and a Wendys). I usually pick the wrong spoke when trying to head back to Cheverly. I cannot tell you how many times I have ended up in Hyattsville and Brentwood. But I think I have reached a turning point.... I picked right twice this week... and I even managed to pass a Metrobus. YAY!

1 comments:

Robin said...

Hehe, yeah, that intersection can be a bit confusing. BTW, if you go east on 202, there's KFC, Checkers, McDonald's, Popeyes, Subway, Wendys.