April 21, 2009


Last Thursday Potluck Bitch and I had a "meeting" to discuss our issues. Our Manager was also in the meeting. He facilitated. Potluck's position was basically she is a talker. She wants to talk. Apparently in her 30+ year career she has never met someone that was a private person.
My position is I am not a talker. I do not want to talk, I want to work. I am here to do a job, not to make friends.

The real test of if the meeting was a success will be if Potluck Bitch can stop running to a 3rd party (not our manager) to discuss me and my "not talking".

I don't think she will be able to stop herself in the long run..... so stay tuned!!

3 comments:

Bilbo said...

I don't know why on earth anyone should be discussing (with a manager, no less) why you aren't a talker. I think this individual has a real problem. Don't worry, though...you can not talk to me any time!

michelle said...

Bilbo -- Potluck is being egged on in this entire mess by a 3rd party that we will refer to as Poison. My Manager is aware of the Poison situation (in fact he pointed it out to me) We had the "meeting" as an exercise to demonstrate that manager is not "playing favorites". Yes Potluck has a real problem... its called not being happy with her life. Which is why I stay far away from the drama.... earphones are the best invention!!

rachaelgking said...

Oh, I am exactly like you in this, at work at least! I just want to do my job, people. I don't want to be your bff! I actually wrote about this today... twinsies. :-)