April 27, 2009

Days on Market...... 19

dining room

(Curious about the 19? the time that my condo was under contract does not count towards Days on Market....YAY)

Thursday I came home from work and was a decluttering/cleaning machine. The house was not in horrible shape, but since I am a pile person I had some piles (of mail, laundry, and randomness) to put away. The other big thing I had to deal with was all the boxes I had been bringing home and starting to pack. Basically I just stacked them all up in the 2nd bedroom. I figured better to have the Living Room/Sunroom/Dining Room clutter free so as to make a good first impression.

Friday...1 showing was scheduled during the day, while I was at work. As I was riding the train home I checked my phone, and there was a message from my realtor. She thought we had an offer coming! The potential buyer had two questions...

Saturday morning... TXT message from realtor... "What's your schedule like for Saturday? We have an offer to review!" w00t!!!!

So I met with realtor.... Offer was ... not that great.... Low ball on price and wanted 10K closing help. So I countered back at full price and with the closing help.

I go about my Saturday..... That evening I get a message from realtor.... Potential Buyer, feels that he is pushing his payment comfort level @ 5K below my asking price...I responded that perhaps he shouldn't be looking at houses out of his price range ;)

Sunday morning...realtor and I discuss this buyer walking because he wants a lower price and mucho closing help. I state I am fine with it because it sounds like this buyer can't afford my condo and wants me to give it to him (which is not happening!!).

Around 11am... I start getting calls from the showing service! 3 showing set up! (I go out to run errands). Feedback from the first showing rolls in .... they are interested in the property!

My realtor has told potential buyer's agent that we have showings scheduled throughout the day... apparently buyer's agent goes off to talk to the buyer.

My realtor says I basically have 2 options... 1) tell potential buyer from Friday that my counter of full price + closing is still on the table until Monday OR 2) Say its off the table and see what else rolls in.

Proving that I am not a horrible person (no mater what Potluck Bitch thinks :P) I say that the counter offer is on the table until Monday.

Buyer's Agent comes back and says he talked buyer into the full price! So Basically I am back under contract again! (Just waiting for some signed paperwork I think....)

Woohoo! Home Inspections later this week :D

Total showings - 10
Total movies seen - 1
Total meals eaten out - 2
Total shopping trips - 3
Total offers - 2

0 comments: