April 9, 2009

I was going to post about this last week, but got too busy....then it happened again today.



I work in an office building. We have 8 floors and 4 elevators. Not everyone in the building works for the same agency. One agency may have multiple floors. So last week I got on the elevator to go to lunch. I was the only one on the elevator, and it went down about 2 floors and opened. A man got on.. and was talking to someone that remained in the hallway. The doors started 2 close, and he stuck up his arm to keep the doors open because he wasn't done talking. Then he did it twice more when the doors were closing. WTH!!!!! So when the doors were closing the last time and he put up his arm, I started punching the door close button. Then he looked at me like he just realized I was there and told his talking buddy he had to go :P

Happened again today except the guy got on and just kept his arm in front of the doors so they wouldn't close. So I gave him the evil eye!

I know I have little patience, especially for that type of rude behavior. But seriously if there is someone on the elevator isn't it common knowledge that you should not hold that person up?? Just wait for the next elevator. It shouldn't be that hard!!!

7 comments:

ADMIN said...

LOL! Next time tell him to take the next elevator.

danielobvt said...

Anytime there is a limited resource people seem to hog it. Last week I was heading into work (always the last minute and we seal the door for the meeting that I need to get into, so I have no time to waste). But this tool just stood in front of turnstiles to get in (all the others were backed up) and had a phone conversation right in front of it. Then when I cut around him to make my meeting I heard him complain to person he was talking to that someone was just rude to him. There are just some places that you are going to get run over with if you improperly block...

Susan P said...

I have the same complaint with people who are driving down the road and just stop because they aren't sure where to go. PULL OVER! Don't make the rest of us wait!

Diane said...

That's when you say, "I have diarrhea and I really need to get out of here. Can you ride the next one?" Most likely they will be so shocked that they forget to keep the arm in front of the door. Problem solved!
Also - on an 8 floor building you seem to get stuck with the same guy pretty regularly. Maybe he's working up to ask you out, but he gets nervous everytime the doors are about to close and doesn't want to be left alone with you! ha!

Miss Attitude said...

That is beyond rude! I think you may have to step it up from the evil eye though! I kind of like Diane's suggestion LOL

Feminista Cabreada/ Pissed-Off Feminist said...

Oh, I hate that. I hate it especially on metro. So rude, so inconsiderate.

an orange county girl said...

some people need to realize that the world does not revolve around them!