April 23, 2009

Guest Bath

I can't believe its been almost a month since my last post....

Needless, to say the 2nd bank coming out of the woodwork threw a major wrench into the process. They seemed very against the offer .... at one point 2nd bank declared they had an appraisal that was $140K over my offer so they were very against it (they wanted me to up my offer by 15K).... luckily my lender had already ordered an appraisal... which came in close to my offer, so after that 2nd couldn't sign the approval fast enough.

Then the 2nd banks approval went back to the 1st bank to approve. That seemed to drag on forever, Then the PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance) team got involved and had to review the whole deal....

Needless to say, my buyer walked yesterday! So my condo is back on the market and open to showing as of Friday. Yay! I get to declutter again!!

And as I expected, I finally got signed off approval on my offer for the house I want to buy, from both banks this morning.

0 comments: