November 11, 2008


My mother has been wanting to go to a clothing store located "somewhere" in Bethesda. I have been putting her off, because I hate the traffic around there during week days... so when Veteran's Day was approaching I said we could go then because Federal Holiday = No Traffic in DC.

So mom arrived around 9am in Odenton and after programming the address in my navigation system we were off.

Navigation had us headed down Rt3... which I thought was odd. I said I guess we are taking 50 into DC (I thought we would have went over to 495 and around DC) anyway... were making good time, were on NY Ave, then Navigation is saying veer left... so I veered left ....too soon! not sure what road it wanted us on... but were were in some tunnel headed towards 395...

then navigation is telling us to get off.... at this unmarked exit... that looks very familiar. I say... well get ready to see my office building ....and there it is. We are then heading up E St SW towards Independence.... Mom's like "There's the Washington monument!" We made another turn... then she says "There's the WWII museum!" I correct "Memorial!!"

We continued on our way and finally made our destination.

Then we went to the The Container Store ( I got a new water bottle, some hooks for some hangbag organization I am going to attempt, and a pet food scoop).

Next up... White Flint mall.... I didn't get anything, but mom scored big on stuff for niece # 1.

Headed home and saw gas in Laurel for $1.94 WOW!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will rate this 5 stars if you tell me what she got Regan.

Robin said...

You definitely took the scenic route to Bethesda! :P

michelle said...

D - you can not buy me :P i got the stern "you will not tell your sister..." :P

Robin - yes we did! but i didn't get to take any photos :D