November 23, 2008

Madison

I adopted Madison about 5 years ago and she is not de-clawed. When I first got her... I could not even imagine trimming her nails myself. I could barely hold a paw! So every few months I would take her to PetSmart to get her nails trimmed. But it got to be a hassle, because getting Madison in her carrier is no fun ( I get to shut us in a bathroom!) then listen to her cry the entire way, over, during, and back.

A few years ago ( since I became able to hold a paw!) I tried trimming myself... it definitely took a while, and I still don't get them as short as PetSmart (or the Vet!) but its getting done. When I made my list I added "Trimming Madison's nails once a week" because I knew it needed to be done more that I was doing it. Once a week is overkill. I think I should aim for once a month :)

0 comments: