August 16, 2009

House Drama #6


It's been over 2 months ... so I guess I was due for more house drama!

This morning I woke up early and was doing my normal "watch tv and surf the internets"....when I heard an odd sound... that didn't seem to be coming from Beverly Hills 90210....

I looked up....and noticed something sitting on my FIOS box... I thought it was a mouse... but wasn't sure. So I went to turn on a light...and that's when it spread its wings...and started flying around the living room! A Bat!!!!

EEEEEEEEEK!

So I spent a few minutes crouched low to the floor, then I decided to grab Madison and shut her in a room upstairs (not very well though, because she escaped!)

Then I decided I would try to trap it myself....and I did! Its currently trapped under the base of a hand held blender mixing bowl.

Problem solved right? Not so quick....

The local community email group pointed me to this article from WaPo. So now I am waiting for Animal Control to come pick it up to be tested for rabies :/

.... and wonder how the bat got in the house in the first place, and if there are more :(

2 comments:

Robin said...

OMG that's crazy! What's up with you and the wildlife in your house???

michelle said...

i do not know... but it can stop anytime now.... i think the only thing i am missing is a snake!