August 4, 2009

Bane of my existence....

Last night I went to see Silversun Pickups at Ram's Head Live up in Baltimore. First time there.. and I must say while the venue is in a good location, with other bars and restaurants close by, I still prefer the 930 Club in DC. Ram's Head Live is kinda like 930 Club, with 2 levels, but I was just not feeling the way the first floor is setup. When you walk in you go down a hallway, there is a bar on the right, then its another hallway to get to the stage, but it bottlenecks making it hard to get to the other side.

Which brings me to the point of this post... why do 6'' tall people (most usually guys!) decide to stand right in front of me ( I am about 5 '') at these shows?!?!? It never fails... I get a decent spot, where I can kinda see, then 15 minutes in Mr 6" tall shows up. I don't even think wearing 3' heels would help. That would only put me at 5"3'.... and my feet would be killing me by the end of the show :(

Anyway, Silversun Pickups were good, and my pics can be found here...

1 comments:

an orange county girl said...

oooh...that sucks. my sister has that issue too (she's 5'3")--it seems like someone super tall is blocking her view. maybe you can ask the super tall person in front of you to switch with you so that you can still see and they can see over you.