October 13, 2009

Decorative Films....

One of the decorative features I first fell in love with when I first went to look at what became my new house was the original stained glass windows in the living room (very faded though)...



I knew I had to replace all the windows going in... so I wanted to try and keep stained glass in the Living Room....but as I was looking around... I was finding the cost to be outrageous.

Then my mom mentioned a friend that had decorative films on a window of hers.

So I looked online and ordered some samples. I fell in love with what I eventually ended up getting for the living room....

Outside view



The I ordered some Ice for my Bathrooom... which turned out AWESOME!!!!


Bathroom

and some stained glass for my master closet window:

Closet

(I also got some plain Sandblast films for my basement to have some additional privacy (on one side of the basement with the new windows there is no longer room to hang tension rods for curtains).

It all turned out really well, and was super cost effective. I should have measured better (I cut it very close on two of the installations), but it was all pretty easy to install.

3 comments:

Robin said...

The windows came out great! Nice job!

mmf said...

Great photos. The windows look very expensive.

Bilbo said...

I love stained glass windows! My wife does stained glass work, and has made beautiful suncatchers for the windows in my study...full stained glass windows would have been nice, but it was too much work for her, plus we didn't want to take out the existing insulated double-paned windows. It really adds something.